Love, Music and Peace

We are finding out our voices through living around the world. It is always the most important thing to listen to your heart: what do you really want? Follow your mind and discover the world with LOVE and CONSIDERATION.

1/17/2005

Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art


Eric Carle Museum at Amherst. Posted by Hello

Who is Eric Carle? I did not know him at all before I went to study in New York. Eric Carle is a very famous author/illustrator who writes /draws a lot of children's picture books. Almost all the Elementary School students read his books in America. Nowadays, I believe students both in Taiwan and Japan would have the opportunity to access his books. He is the author and illustrator of " The Very Hungry Caterpillar", "The Grouchy Ladybug" ," Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" and so forth.

The reason for me to visit Eric Carle's museum was because I had been using his books as reference and teaching materials to apply to my own teaching in the past. I would like to know more about him, who writes and illustrates so well for children. I noticed that children are appeal to his colourful pictures as well as his ways of telling stories. In his books, children could create his/her own story through his/her imagination.

It is very important to have imagination and creative thinking. Children, particularly, have that talents, before the reality fade/damage them away. Pictures, colours, characters or even the spaces in each picture book tell different stories from different child. I hope that we, future parents and teachers, could try our best to create an environment for young children to explore their imagination and creation in every possible way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home