Love, Music and Peace

We are finding out our voices through living around the world. It is always the most important thing to listen to your heart: what do you really want? Follow your mind and discover the world with LOVE and CONSIDERATION.

4/08/2005

Musical---Mamma Mia!!!


Mamma Mia!! Posted by Hello

I started to like and enjoy musicals when I was a senior high school student. From then on, I take possible chances to enjoy the musicals as much as I could. Even musicals in Taiwan was not too much promoted till recent 10 years, I already enjoyed so much through the music, body languages and movement in the musicals. However, I finally had the first opportunity to experience the high technique, background setting, great vocals, dancing and so forth while I studied in UK.

The first musical I saw was the Phantom of the Opera in Edinburgh which sang/spoke in English with Scotlish accent---to me, it was too hard to understand at that time. Therefore, I went to see Phantom of the Opera at least 3 times more later during my stay in UK. Cats, The Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables and Miss Saigon were so called four must-see musicals in late 1990s. Luckily enough that I saw them all, at least once for each. Cats and Miss Saigon stop showing in both London and New York now. Les Miserables is not available in New York now as well.

I have been seeing/enjoying many musicals in both London and New York. I have the feeling that there are many musicals with modern ideas, creations and imagination in Broadway, New York. For example, The producer, Stomp, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Hair Spray and so on. Meanwhile, there are some theatre devoted to find out old topics/stories but tried to put new blood into them in London, such as My Fair Lady, Mary Poppins, Little Women and so forth. However, both London and New York show the same musicals like Mamma Mia, Phantom of the Opera, Rent, Chicago, The Lion King and some others.

I did not really count how many musicals I had seen in the past years, however, some of my favourites are: Mamma Mia, Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Les Miserables, Little Women, 42nd Street and some of the names I could not remember. And here are some I am hoping to see in the near future: Billy Elliot, Mary Poppins, Hair Spray, We Will Rock You and more to come :P

What we saw during this trip to London was Mamma Mia. The funny thing is that Mamma Mia is an Italian phrase but the setting of the story is a Greek island. If you are a big fan of ABBA, a quite famous band in 1970s, you would not miss this musical--Mamma Mia. It is a musical based on ABBA's songs, for instent, Dancing Queen, I Have a Dream, Thank You for the Music, The Name of the Game and so on and so forth. During the whole musical, you would just want to jump out of the chair and sing/dance along with actors and actress on stage.

The story of Mamma Mia is about young Sophie who lives with her mother on a small Greek island is about to be married to Sky and wishes for her father to walk her down the aisle. However, she has a problem, who is her father? Her mother does not want to tell her and so Sophie reads her mother's diary and discovers the name of three men who could possibly be her dad. Sophie secretly invites all three men to the wedding. The fun starts when the three men arrive on the island and discover why they have been invited.

I am not going to tell you the whole story since it needs you to experience it in person and I am sure that you will enjoy it as much as I do. I had seen Mamma Mia twice and I think that I will go for the 3rd time some time later.

Mamma Mia, here I go again.... My, my, how can I resist you?

p.s: the special thanks to RoseAnne for getting the Mamma Mia tickets for us so we could have a wonderful night with Mamma Mia.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:09 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jennifer,

    You are soooo welcomed. I am very happy that you and your friends were able to enjoy the show, while touring London.

    I'll be pleased to do it again for you anytime.

     
  • At 7:38 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jennifer,

    You are soooo welcomed. I am very happy that you and your friends were able to enjoy the show, while touring London.

    I'll be pleased to do it again for you anytime.

     
  • At 11:32 am , Blogger Jennifer tae said...

    Dear Rose Anne,

    Thank you for your help indeed. Not just for getting the tickets this time, you have been very kind to me since we first met. Thank you for your friendship and everything you had done for me.
    Best wishes to your everything.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home