Love, Music and Peace

We are finding out our voices through living around the world. It is always the most important thing to listen to your heart: what do you really want? Follow your mind and discover the world with LOVE and CONSIDERATION.

6/10/2005

Tower Bridge in London


Tower Bridge Posted by Hello

Hahaha...finally....I came to see another landmark of London--Tower Bridge after so many years later. I like this Tower Bridge so much just because of its nice shape and riverside walk. However, I finally walked through it from one side of river to the other this time.

Tower Bridge has stood over the River Thames in London since 1894 and is one of the finest, most recognisable bridges in the World. Tower Bridge is lifted approximately 900 times a year to allow tall ships, cruise ships, naval vessels and other large craft to pass through. I think that I will try to see it lifts in my near visit to London soon.

The confusing thing is that you must heard or sang this nursery rhyme--London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down..., however, this Tower Bridge is not the one in the nursery rhyme. I thought that the London Bridge meant to be the one (Tower Bridge) I saw since I was little. BUT...there is another bridge named London Bridge but it could not lift at all. I wonder why the nursey rhyme did not sing this way: Tower Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down... I think then the nursey rhyme would make more sense to me... :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home